The Corporate Relations Manager works as an integral member of a dynamic team at The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) to further corporate philanthropy and deepen relationships with our corporate partners.
The Corporate Relations Manager has primary responsibility for the identification, cultivation, stewardship, and closure of gifts from an assigned portfolio of corporate donors and prospects. The Corporate Relations Manager will work collaboratively as part of the institutional fundraising team to build and execute comprehensive donor strategies for all institutional donors (corporations, foundations, and organizations) to achieve stated revenue goals.
This position is primarily external facing, with internal coordination as well, with the Corporate Relations Manager aiming to build corporate relationships and solicit financial contributions/sponsorships from donors in the giving range of $5,000 and above through in-person meetings and presentations (on-site and off-site), special volunteer events, and working collaboratively with internal departments to deepen philanthropic commitment. Responsibilities include identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate prospects and donors, developing strategies for each corporate donor or sponsor, and ensuring the continued strength of the relationships between GBFB and our corporate partners.
- Revenue Goals: Meet annual fundraising goals related to corporate giving, cause marketing, organizational giving, and matching gifts. Work with the full revenue team to meet the organizational goals. Meet revenue goals for special projects as assigned (e.g., Festival, Give Meals. Give Hope. campaign, Legal Food Frenzy, Women Fighting Hunger, Holiday Meal Drive Food and Fund Drives, Matching Gifts, etc.).
- Grow Corporate Engagement and Philanthropy: Cultivate, steward, and increase giving through existing portfolio of 100+ relationships. Activities include meetings, presentations, phone calls, letters, emails, as well as external and internal event attendance. Encourage participation in the full range of GBFB services and programs including volunteering, employee giving, matching gifts, special events, and financial support. Provide consistent and effective donor management.
- Planning and Strategy: Work as a lead member of the Institutional Team (Corporate and Foundation Relations) to ensure proper cultivation strategies and stewardship of all corporate donors and prospects. Leverage the expertise and strengths of the development department leadership and staff, the Executive Leadership Team, and all other GBFB departments.
- Corporate Sponsorships and Campaigns: Lead efforts in the development and management of strategies for corporate sponsorship solicitations as assigned. Work with Events Manager and Director of Marketing & Communications to determine sponsorship levels and benefits and ensure sponsorship materials are produced and executed in a timely manner.
- Prospect Development: Lead efforts with Corporate Relations Team to manage and execute appropriate strategies for developing new corporate relationships, including bringing in new corporations to volunteer and engaging their employees in meaningful ways to deepen relationships and secure financial support.
- Cause Marketing: Work with the Corporate Relations Team and the Marketing & Communication department to grow existing cause marketing campaigns and target new prospects. Respond to cause marketing inquiries and complete necessary administrative tasks associated with each campaign.
- Employee Giving and Matching Gifts Programs: Develop strategies to grow payroll deduction support and matching gift programs. Attend corporate employee events on behalf of GBFB to encourage employees to support GBFB through financial gifts, volunteer hours, and fund drives.
- Administration and Data Management: Work with Director of Development and Community Engagement to develop and manage the corporate budget, annual work plan, and forecasting. Closely track monthly income against monthly revenue goal, updating the tracking sheet regularly. Maintain accurate donor records in Raiser’s Edge for corporate gifts and ensure accurate tracking systems for all types of corporate engagement.
- Other: Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by management. Serves as an active member of the Revenue Team, contributing to goal setting and the refinement of processes and procedures. Provide on and offsite support for GBFB events and other activities as needed.