The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is the largest hunger relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. GBFB’s mission is to end hunger here across eastern Massachusetts, and our strategic objective is to provide at least ONE MEAL A DAY to everyone in need in eastern Massachusetts.
GBFB is looking for an experienced, take charge professional to join the Corporate and Community Engagement Team as an Events Coordinator. Reporting to the Events Manager, the Events Coordinator develops, coordinates and executes flawless logistical action plans for GBFB donor/constituent events to drive revenue for an annual Events fundraising goal, and to support revenue generation in other areas of the Revenue Team. Additionally, he/she coordinates in-kinds solicitations, provides administrative support, maintains the event database and is the liaison between GBFB and external third parties.
The ideal candidate can manage logistics in a busy fundraising events environment, enjoys event management, provides outstanding customer service, has superior organizational skills, maintains an enthusiastic and professional attitude, and excels in building relationships with internal and external constituents. Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines, and work occasional evenings and weekends. The Events Coordinator should have a passion for human services.
- Update and maintain event contact and mailing lists and leverage events systems to best manage (ie: Raiser’s Edge, Greater Giving)
- Initiate and maintain positive on-going relationships/partnerships with vendors including catering, photography and flowers
- Coordinate and track all event invitations, program materials, all gifts, pledges, and in-kind donations
- Solicit in-kind donations for silent auctions and raffles through mail, phone calls and personal visits
- Create and execute timetables and project plans
- Recruit volunteers for events; organizing and coordinating their event responsibilities
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings relating to events
- Calculate event ROI and compile all event related expenses as well as coding procedures
- Coordinate event logistics before, during, and after the event
- Ensure event information is current, accurate and communicated with relevant internal and external constituents
- With Events Manager, co-own cross functional events calendar to be developed in collaboration with Marketing and Donor Communications team. Lead kick-off meetings with Marketing and Donor Communications team to develop calendars
- Manage third party event solicitations by acting as main contact and vetting third party event solicitations through: fielding requests, gathering pertinent information about event requests and presenting information and recommendation to Events Manager
- Research Raiser’s Edge event module and make recommendations on to use within the events team to enhance the internal and external events process
- Manage and be point of contact for internal events and event related activity requiring assistance such as: check presentations, Harvester’s Circle sorting nights, Board meetings, etc.; and setting up for event
- Assist Events Manager in managing the budgets for the various events
- Maintain inventory of items in events closet