The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is looking for Warehouse Associates to join our Operations Team. GBFB Warehouse Associates are responsible for safely performing material handling functions throughout our warehouse, including selection and order filling. You will have extensive personal contact with GBFB Team Members, volunteers, and external organization representatives. Each Associate is fully responsible for safety, cleanliness, inventory accuracy, and regulatory compliance in our facility.
- Safely and efficiently unloading, receiving, sorting, putting away, moving, selecting, or loading material with proper warehouse equipment.
- Accurately counting / verifying inventory quantities and checking expiry dates.
- Performing timely and accurate transactions in our Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Neat, timely, and accurate completion of all appropriate documentation.
- Actively looking for inventory which is expiring soon and working with the Warehouse, Member Services, Program, and Nutrition teams.
- Verifying, taking, and documenting product & facility temperatures according to SOP.
- Using and maintaining assigned forklifts (electric or manual), electric pallet jack riders and related equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment by managing trash, washing, vacuuming, sweeping, or other cleaning processes.
- Making positive suggestions to improve our business process.
- Ensure AIB Standards are maintained.