The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is the largest hunger relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. GBFB’s mission is to End Hunger Here in eastern Massachusetts, and our strategic objective is to provide at least ONE MEAL A DAY to everyone in need in eastern Massachusetts.
The Development and Family Engagement Associate provides donor relations support to the Senior Director, the Major Gift Managers and the Individual Gifts Managers. Such support includes donor outreach and communications, prospect research, internal tracking of donor strategy and pipeline meetings, donor research, gift reporting and analysis, donor mailings, and other projects that support the fundraising plan geared toward individual donors. Additionally, this role has responsibility for supporting all aspects of our family engagement portfolio including coordinating events and opportunities for families to align their philanthropic goals with GBFB’s mission to end hunger here.
- Provide daily support including communicating with donors, preparing correspondence, and preparing reports as well as initiating and implementing strategies for our model program for family engagement.
- Provide research on donors and prospects and be familiar with the relevant tools and databases. Prepare donor lists and briefings as needed. Provide Raiser’s Edge (GBFB’s database system for managing donor information) support and report preparation. Maintain electronic and paper files.
- Coordinate meetings/events including, but not limited to, donor visits, internal weekly donor strategy meetings, and donor events.
- Responsible for the weekly donor strategy notes and coordinating follow up to ensure timely responses to decisions and strategies made at the meetings.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a communication plan for family engagement events with a strong follow up component.
- Provide occasional administrative support, as directed by the senior director in the department, including mailings, schedules, collateral, expense reporting, etc.
- Assist the Senior Director of Development with donor relationship management, interacting and communicating with donors and other constituents as needed.
- Provide support to Team Leads for Women Fighting Hunger, Cutler Lecture, Advancement Council, Farm to Tasting, Clients in the Community, and Families for Impact.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality with all information and communications.
- Other duties as assigned by management.