The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is the largest hunger relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. GBFB’s mission is to End Hunger Here in eastern Massachusetts.
Our team has an incredible opportunity for a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Development Team in the role of Director, Strategic Initiatives. As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the department based on the priorities of the Department. Working with the designated Team Lead, the Director will handle the successful management of all revenue projects, manage a portfolio of donors as well as supervise two members of the team.
Functional areas within the Development Department include, Major and Mid-Level Gifts, Planned Giving, Corporate and Community Engagement as well as Volunteers and Events. With an annual revenue goal of $18.2 million, the Director will support the organization’s revenue and donor engagement goals. Additionally, work in partnership with the Senior Director to support GBFB’s Board of Advisors and other leadership and donor groups in the achievement of revenue goals.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and make appropriate assignment of additional donors to relationship managers.
- Manage appropriate maintenance of donor and other constituent data in Raiser’s Edge to ensure the effective transfer of data to new CRM system
- Assist the Senior Director in working with the Board of Advisors to achieve revenue and engagement goals; Additionally, provide support to other revenue generating leadership groups as assigned by the Senior Director.
- Develop and execute special projects as designated by the Senior Director, working in partnership with Team Leads of the revenue team. Projects to include but not limited to:
- Formalizing Families for Impact (with a youth leadership track) and a financial model,
- Clients in the Community,
- GBFB as a Center of Excellence for Family, Community and Corporate Volunteer Engagement
- Ensure seamless and efficient operation of day-to-day activities of the Development Team as the activities relate to various projects
- Assess inquiries directed to the Senior Director to determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Supervise 2 members of the Development Team: Development and Family Engagement Associate and Individual Giving Manager
- Ensure all staff issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved
- Coordinate the execution of the budgeting and performance management process for these two direct reports and the Development Team