The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is the largest hunger relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. GBFB’s mission is to End Hunger Here in eastern Massachusetts, and our strategic objective is to provide at least ONE MEAL A DAY to everyone in need in eastern Massachusetts.
coordinating GBFB’s local food donation program by developing relationships and
partnerships with all local food donors with the prospects of acquiring food
while encouraging donors for financial donations and volunteering time.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with
donors and develop new accounts by arranging visits and presentations with
current, lapsed and prospective retail donors to secure food and grocery
GBFB standards as it relates to quality and service to our donors and agencies.
Responsible for the management of
100-125 retail store and other locations.
- Represent GBFB professionally;
maintain positive public relations and exceptional customer service.
- Educate donor employees on their program
- Maintain data and records
associated with respective donor accounts.
- Create and implement a regular onsite
- Create and maintain a store
donation toolkit for each retail chain, to be used when visiting stores.
- Manage donor recognition program.
- Maintain data base in SalesForce
CRM and NetSuite tracking donor activity.
- Contact stores via phone, email in
person to ascertain the frequency, volume and product mix of potential
- Handle inquiries and concerns from
stores and agencies
- Work with GBFB Marketing and
Communications colleagues to recognize retailers where applicable (food
bank newsletter, website, direct mail, etc.).
- Provide personal follow up or
recognition for retailers.
- Provide respective donation activity
reports at donor visits and store-level interactions.
- Demonstrate a pleasant,
professional and helpful attitude at all times.
- Work with GBFB Transportation department
to ensure store pick-ups, when applicable.
- Work with Distribution Services to
establish a process for managing agencies participating in the Retail
Store Donation Program, and:
- Provide overview of Retail Donation program to agency
- Contact agencies via phone and email to ascertain the
frequency, volume and mix of product mix that the agency can handle
- Receive agency requests by telephone, mail, fax, in
person or email – work with Agency Relations to address.
- Document interactions with agencies in SalesForce.com
- All other duties as assigned.