Join GBFB’s Transportation Team!
No Overnights, Local Driving
Incentive / Bonus Program
The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is looking for a Class A Driver to join our Transportation Team. As a GBFB driver you are responsible for delivering food to agencies and picking up food from suppliers. GBFB drivers actively load and unload their vehicles and have extensive internal and on-site interaction with agencies, suppliers, volunteers, and clients. The daily routes include multiple stops primarily intrastate. This role requires extensive personal interaction with internal and external customers, verifying documentation and loads, and safely transporting food to and from designated locations. GBFB Drivers are required to follow the letter and spirit of all local, state, and federal laws and regulations, including maintenance of duty status records and pre- and post-trip vehicle safety inspections.
- Operating both CDL Class A & B trucks, or the cargo van, ensuring a safe and timely pick-up and delivery of product.
- Loading, inspecting all products, verifying quantities and expiration dates, informing the appropriate Supervisor of any issues found.
- Working independently, according to an assigned schedule, while assessing and responding to customer needs and to updated / changing plans, keeping the transportation team leader informed.
- Documenting travel, time worked, breaks, etc. via electronic logging methods.
- Maintaining vehicles daily
- Safely operating and maintaining pallet jack power equipment
- Adhering to all food safety requirements
- Complying with all GBFB, Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and other regulatory authority rules and regulations.