The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is the largest hunger relief
organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the
country. GBFB’s mission is to End Hunger Here in Eastern
Massachusetts, and our strategic objective is to provide at least
THREE MEALS A DAY to everyone in need in Eastern Massachusetts.
The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) has recently announced a ten-year
strategic vision to create a Hunger-Free Eastern Massachusetts by 2028.
We are seeking a Training Manager to join our Warehouse Operations
Team. The Warehouse Training Manager develops and administers training
programs, assesses training and development needs, creates training
curriculum, training manuals, presents in-person training sessions,
monitors training for effectiveness, works safely, and promotes work
safety in a warehouse environment, meets all OSHA, State, Federal
training and safety compliance regulations. The Warehouse Training
Manager is required to be able to execute all GBFB warehouse
functions, work effectively and accurately in any job in the
warehouse; to include having demonstrated all the skills and
attributes of Warehouse Associate (WHA) I, II, Team Lead, and
- Assess team members’ skills, talents, performance, and
productivity and prepare written evaluations with advice and counsel
- Oversee the training in all key areas of warehouse operations,
including order building, material handling equipment,
replenishment, shipping, receiving, salvage operations, loading, and unloading.
- Develop a training curriculum by identifying and assessing the
training needs of the Warehouse Operations Team through job
analysis, career paths and consultation with managers.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Team to design, develop, and
deliver training content, training materials, training modules, and
teaching aids, as needed.
- Report training activities and effectiveness (performance) to all stakeholders.
- Support the morale of team members by making positive suggestions
to improve their performance and to enhance our business
efficiencies and processes.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments, and best practices.