Join The Greater Boston Food Bank’s Transportation Team!
@$26.30 / Hour. No Overnights, Local Driving. This is a
Tuesday through Saturday day position!
Incentive / Bonus Program
Free Parking, Benefits start on first day
The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is looking for a Class A Driver
to join our Transportation Team. As a GBFB driver you are
responsible for delivering food to agencies and picking up food from
suppliers. GBFB drivers actively load and unload their vehicles and
have extensive internal and on-site interaction with agencies,
suppliers, volunteers, and clients. The daily routes include multiple
stops primarily intrastate. This role requires extensive personal
interaction with internal and external customers, verifying
documentation and loads, and safely transporting food to and from
designated locations. GBFB Drivers are required to follow the letter
and spirit of all local, state, and federal laws and regulations,
including maintenance of duty status records and pre- and post-trip
vehicle safety inspections.
- Operating both CDL Class A & B trucks, or the cargo van,
ensuring a safe and timely pick-up and delivery of product.
- Loading, inspecting all products, verifying quantities and
expiration dates, informing the appropriate Supervisor of any issues found.
- Working independently, according to an assigned schedule, while
assessing and responding to customer needs and to updated / changing
plans, keeping the transportation team leader informed.
- Documenting travel, time worked, breaks, etc. via electronic
- Maintaining vehicles daily
- Safely operating and maintaining pallet jack power equipment
- Adhering to all food safety requirements
- Complying with all GBFB, Department of Transportation, Federal
Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and other regulatory authority
rules and regulations.