The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country and has recently announced a ten-year strategic vision to create a Hunger-Free Eastern Massachusetts by 2028.
The Hunger Free Campaign Policy Coordinator will play a key role in the Hunger Free 28 Campaign to raise awareness of GBFB’s vision and execute against Campaign strategic policy goals to that end. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Public Affairs, the Hunger Free Campaign Policy Coordinator will assist in identifying new food policy research to inform and develop the strategy to support public policy initiatives to advance toward becoming a Hunger Free Eastern Massachusetts. The Campaign Coordinator/Associate will work closely with the HF28 Core Team and other internal Team members including the President/CEO, SVP of Advancement, the Director of Communications and Public Affairs, Government Relations Coordinator, the Agency Relations and Health and Research Team, as well as external stakeholders such as Campaign volunteers, GBFB partner agencies, GBFB lobbyists, the Food Bank Coalition of Massachusetts, legislators and staff, etc.
- Collaborate with HF Campaign Leadership and Core Team to identify policy priorities, and in conjunction with the Director of Communications and Public Affairs, assist in development and execution of ten-year Hunger Free 2028 and annual public affairs/policy plan.
- Manage day-to-day execution of the Hunger Free Policy and facilitate integration into the annual GBFB Public Affairs plan, which may include but not be limited to developing and executing project plans, working across internal teams and in coordination with Hunger Free Core planning team, creating specific email and social media advocacy campaigns, planning and attending legislator meetings and events to build relationships.
- Execute grassroots Hunger Free 28 engagement and awareness campaign for various GBFB and public stakeholders to participate in shared vision, which could include meeting coordination, developing communications materials and working with internal and external partners.
- Conduct analysis on existing and new food policy initiatives that will inform internal memos and strategic recommendations.
- Prepare and accompany the Director of Communications and Public Affairs on various government relations/advocacy-related meetings and represent HF 28 Campaign at such meetings when appropriate.
- Create, maintain and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders in the Salesforce database, including interactions with lobbying firms, GBFB partner agencies, legislators and aides, partner food banks and other community advocates.